users@glassfish.java.net

slf4j and logback with ear

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:43:23 PDT

I want to use slf4j as logging framework in all my EJB's. I managed to get sfl4j working with log4j as backend. Place all need jars in domain/myDomain/lib/ext and the log4j.xml in domain/myDomain/lib/classes.

Now i want to switch to logback as logging backend for slf4j. I have slf4j-api, logback-core and logback-classic in the domain/myDomain/lib/ext directory and a logback.xml configuration in the domain/myDomain/lib/classes folder.

The configuration for logback didn't seem to be used. All log output (even hibernate debug level output) is logged into the default server.log file. I even tried to put the logback.xml into my ejb jar file, but this doesn't help either.

maybe someone could help me to setup slf4j and logback with glassfish v3

-- devylon
[Message sent by forum member 'devylon']