users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with TCP (to database) connection creation.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 04:10:01 PDT

Hello,

I'm facing with a very strange issue. I'm trying to create a datasource to Oracle database in gfv3. Testing the connection I'm getting:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:387)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

I tried to explicitly create a connection inside my web application (Connection con = ....) - exactly the same error. I tried with a java main program - everything [b]DOES work! [/b] The parameters are exactly the same. What's more interesting - under another windows user glassfish creates a connection. Firstly I thought that my user does not have enough privileges (the user the glassfish creates a connection has admin privileges) - added admin privileges - but the situation is exactly the same - IO Exception.

How can it happen that starting as a java main program the connection is created, but running exactly the same code in glassfish container the IOException occurs? The oracle JDBC file is the same in both cases. And more fancy, that under another user everything works like a charm. Has anybody ideas about such issue? Any hints I could try. I tried with glassfish that comes as zip archieve, with windows installer - no difference.

The operating system is Windows XP Professional.
[Message sent by forum member 'vadger']