users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start the administration console

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:53:24 -0700

As shown in the stack trace, it cannot found the class:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.sun.webui.jsf.faces.UIComponentELResolver

com.sun.webui.jsf.faces.UIComponentELResolver
at
org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1985)
at
org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:888)
at
org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1420)
at com.sun.faces.util.Util.loadClass(Util.java:203)
at
com.sun.faces.config.processor.AbstractConfigProcessor.loadClass(AbstractConfigProcessor.java:313)
at
com.sun.faces.config.processor.AbstractConfigProcessor.createInstance(AbstractConfigProcessor.java:240)
... 25 more
|#]

Earlier, i mentioned that this class should be in the jar
"glassfish/lib/install/applications/__admingui/WEB-INF/lib/webui-jsf-4.0.2.3.jar"

Does this jar exist in your installation ?
If it does, there maybe class loader issue and sorry i cannot pin point
the problem.

You seem to have issues with the installation using sges-v3-windows.exe
I don't know if previous installation has been removed/cleanup completely.
I will suggest you install it again to another directory by using the
zip file. You can get the zip file from
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v3-final.html
The direct link is
http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/release/glassfish-v3.zip
Just unzip this and you are done. No configuration is needed. You
are ready to start the server and should be able to access the console.

Hope this help.

thanks
Anissa.