users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2.1.1: External resource (NOT external JNDI)?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:24:55 PDT

We have GF 2.1.1, and a JMS queue hosted on a different (non-GF) server.

How can we get GF to point to this external queue? It seems "external resource" in GF is only applicable for a resource listed in some external JNDI tree. While we [b]could[/b] use that, we think that defeats the purpose of JNDI - to be ONE central directory for resource lookups.

Is "custom resource" applicable? Seems to be meant for adding some internal class to the GF JNDI, but maybe also usable in this case?

Setup examples are greatly appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'simenro' (simen.rokaas_at_statkraft.com)]