users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start the administration console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:24:45 PDT

I am a little confused.
You said earlier that :
"[i]I did the same steps to start the administration console today, and I can start the administration console after login. That's so strange. And I use admin/admin to login, but I configured no password when installed GlassFish[/i]."
and now you are sending out the stack trace.
So, can you access the console or not ?

The class thats not found and causing the error
"Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.webui.jsf.faces.UIComponentELResolver"
should be in glassfish/lib/install/applications/__admingui/WEB-INF/lib/webui-jsf-4.0.2.3.jar

There may be some issue with the installer as it shouldn't be using a password that you have canceled out. Something is not quite right with your installation. If possible, maybe you can should try to do a clean install again.

thanks
Anissa
[Message sent by forum member 'anilam' (anissa.lam_at_sun.com)]