users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with long running initialization in ServletContextListener

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:15:21 PST

Hi Jan,
thanks for replying.

My ServletContextListener#contextInitialized is doing some initialization that I want to occur at start time rather than when the first request comes in.

I am not sure it is relevant what exactly the initialization process does, the point is that it can take more than 20 minutes to complete.

Which part of my question is not clear? Let me try to explain it further.

I found in server.log that if Glassfish does not complete the start up procedure in 20 minutes, a thread called "_ThreadID=28;_ThreadName=RMI TCP Connection(1)-127.0.0.1;" starts the shutdown procedure.

Given the name of the thread, I assume that some external process is requesting the shutdown. My guess is that it is asadmin that does it.

Does anybody know if my assumptions are correct and if there is a way to increase the timeout?

Thanks,
Luca
[Message sent by forum member 'lunobili' (luca.nobili_at_tradingscreen.com)]