users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 2.1.1 redirect https => http behind load balancer

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:25:27 +0530

In such a case, you need a mechanism to indicate to GlassFish that
original request was over SSL. Your external load-balancer must add some
headers to proxied request to indicate that. Then you need to provide
implementation of ProxyHandler and set it in GlassFish which handles
parsing of headers added by external load-balancer and set values
appropriately on HTTP request. Take a look at default implementation of
ProxyHandler, i.e. com.sun.enterprise.web.ProxyHandlerImpl, in GlassFish.

Thanks,
Kshitiz