users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish crashing or just disappearing

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:44:35 -0500

> No logs of *any* kind. I just tried loading GF3 over top of GF2 and
> copied in the domain.
> When starting it, I get:
>
> # ./asadmin start-domain domain1
> Domain needs to be upgraded before it can be started.
> Attempting upgrade now...
> Error upgrading domain: domain1.
> The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.
> Before it died, it produced the following output:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException:
> access denied (java.lang.
> RuntimePermission getenv.GlassFish_Platform)
[...]

Yes, I see that too. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature that
upgrades can't be performed with the security manager on, but I'll
file one regardless. Can you check your domain.xml for this line:

<jvm-options>-Djava.security.manager</jvm-options>

...and comment it out before trying to start/upgrade?

Cheers,
Bobby