users@glassfish.java.net

JPA and mysql encrypt private data

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:19:01 PST

We are developing an application with the latest version of JPA, with a requirement that user data (last name, social, etc) be encrypted. I am not sure what the best way to do this is (encrypt/decrypt) directly within mysql using mysql's AES functions. I would prefer to do something in JAVA whereby you could annotate a field in an entity class with (@Encrypted) but not sure how this could be implemented to encrypt the data going to the database and decrypt the data going to the view layer. Has anyone implemented an encryption solution??
[Message sent by forum member 'macros14' (rcollins_at_openlending.com)]