users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish crashing or just disappearing

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 09:36:39 -0800

Which OS are you using?

A similar problem of mysterious vanishing of GF process reported in the
past was on Redhat E L 4 or 5 and iirc that was due to RHEL's oom-killer
process picking a process to kill (happened to be GF) when in its world
view it saw an OOM situation arising although there was plenty of heap
and system memory.

Look for oom-killer documentation if you are using RHEL.
I am also assuming you have sufficient free heap and system memory when
the processes are running. Is this on a 32 bit or 64 bit OS/jvm ?

I hope the helps you track the issue down.

Shreedhar