users@glassfish.java.net

Migrate a two-tier application towards glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 08:59:44 PST

Hello started to work on a project to migrate a two-tier application (gui frontend C++ and sql database) to a three-tier application with glassfih in the middle. This new application will have some gui (swing) components as well as some web components. At the moment i am struggeling with the best architecture design.
The problem is that there will still be development progress in the old world until the new application is production ready.

In my opinion there has to be a landscape of at least three servers (development system, integration system and production system). At second there has to be a WebApplication and a SwingApplication that connect to the application server, query the meta-data and display the frontend (either web frontend or swing gui). Any component (e.g EJB Jar) that is deployed contains all necessary information for the clients to display there part of the gui. At third all application parameters have to be configured by an administrator without changing any line of code or the need of rebuilding any jar files.

Does anyone have done something simular and can give me a good roadmap how to start? Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'inquadrat' (info_at_inquadrat.de)]