users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Virtual Servers? Is this true from the docs?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:54:46 -0700

[Resending]

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I appreciate it. I am going batty trying to get some simple virtual
> servers going on a server installed on Windows. They just will not
> cooperate.

To answer your earlier question:

Yes, the doc comment looks wrong: It was probably meant to read "Because
the virtual server cannot specify an HTTP listener that is already being
used by another virtual server [ADD: WITH THE SAME DOMAIN/HOST NAME] [...]"

Can you please file a bug at
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues (using "docs" as
the subcomponent)?

To summarize, the same virtual server may receive requests from multiple
network-listeners. Likewise, the same network-listener may feed requests
into multiple virtual servers, as long as their domain/host names are
different (because otherwise, it would be impossible for the
network-listener to disambiguate them).

Hope this helps.

Jan