users@glassfish.java.net

Creating JAX-WS web services client in glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:22:24 PDT

Here is my issue. At my work location, we have 3 environments in which to deploy applications (integration, system test and production).

** Inbound and outbound network traffic is restricted by firewall rules to the system test and production environments **

When using netbeans to create a web service client that will initially be deployed to the integration test environment, the wsdl location points to an integration server. When testing the code, everything works as expected.

However, deploying this same code to the system test environment causes an issue because the system test application server is trying to access the integration environment based on the information contained in the integration wsdl at runtime or service creation. From the system test environment, this integration test resource is blocked because of the firewall rules. This behavior would also be the same if the code was deployed to the production environment as well.

So, I am interested in knowing how I can create a client that makes use of the wsdl that gets packaged in the module being deployed regardless of the where the actual wsdl is located.

I tried to manipulate the service class created by netbeans, however those changes were removed every time the project was cleaned and built.

In one case, the wsdl was placed in a location that was identical on servers in all 3 environments (ie /opt/wsdl/xxx) and the necessary coding changes were made so that the location was known to the service. However, since the wsdl is contained in the web module, it makes sense to refer to that one.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'odgsmit']