users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Questions about JAXM

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:18:55 +0200

On 30 mars 2010, at 10:16, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I have some questions about JAXM. Here are my questions.
>
> 1. JAXM is a part of Java EE v5?

It's not.

> 2. What's the relationship between JAXM and JAX-WS?

JAXM never really happened if you ask me... JAX-WS is the way to go for SOAP web services.

> 3. Does JDK6 contain JAXM and its implementation?

no.

> 4. Per Java EE v5 specification, the current Web Services Architecture includes JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, JAXR, JAXB? There are not JAXM and JAXP, why?

Java EE 5 mandates JAX-WS, JAXB (both are actually part of JDK 6) as well as JAX-RPC and JAXB (both for compatibility reasons but you should really use JAX-WS instead).
JAXP is part of the JDK and JAXM is not part of any platform.

Note that Java EE 6 now requires JDK 6 (Java EE 5 required Java 5).

-Alexis