users@glassfish.java.net

Question about Glassfish-specific JNDI naming

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:36:42 PDT

Hello!
I've been in trouble with Glassfish v3 JNDI naming last days... Then I have made some tests and realize that:
When we use a bean with two interfaces or a no-interface bean inside an EAR, Glassfish uses JNDI names prefixed by EAR name as defined in the EJB 3.1 specification. It is great!
But when we deploy a bean (also in an EAR) with only one remote interface, the Glassfish publishes Glassfish-specific names (full qualified name of the the remote interface), as used in versions earlier than v3.
Is this OK?
If yes, why the Glassfish-specific (non-portable) names are used in this case? There is any way to avoid this, without making changes in sun-ejb-jar.xml?
[Message sent by forum member 'eudesf']