users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Pointing Glassfish At Apache

From: Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:08:59 -0700

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Joshua Smith <josh_at_rationalpi.com> wrote:

> How can I configure Glassfish to send send users to applications being
> hosted by Apache?

> I've searched online and in the manuals, but couldn't find anything. Part of
> the problem is that I don't know what it's called. I

You're looking for "proxy" or "reverse proxy". I have no idea if GF
includes any such capability; it's more typical to use Apache httpd
as a proxy for other application servers.

So you could do that, or you could front both servers in your current
setup with a separate proxy (Squid, nginx, etc.).

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder_at_gmail.com
twitter: @hassan