users@glassfish.java.net

Re: NPE at AbstractModulesRegistryImpl.java:448 with appclient via javaws

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:41:34 PST

Hi, Ian.

I overlooked one small detail... The additional stack trace will not appear in the dialog box but rather in the Java console and/or the Java Web Start trace file for that application run. You can enable one or both of these by launching the Java Control Panel (the exact mechanism varies by operating system -- one way is to use "javaws -viewer". Close the list of Java Web Start apps if one appears. You should then see a "Java Preferences" dialog box. Choose the Advanced tab, and turn on Java Console->Show Console.)

Now, when you try to run the offending app client you should see a console window open, then I expect you'll see a stack trace similar but not identical to the one you posted earlier displayed in the console window before the error dialog box appears. If that does not give us enough to go on then I'll correspond with you separately to plan our next step.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]