users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hibernate in GF 2.1.1 vs 2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:15:27 PST

I have got exactly the same problem. I am running netbeans 6.7.1 se linux and I am trying to deploy my app to glassfish 2.1.1 The same operation is executed successfully on windows (environment netbeans 6.5.1 and glassfish 2.1)
My app contains the package asm.jar and the glassfish installation contains the package asm-3.1.jar (folder glassfish/lib/) The class: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter is contained in both jars. What sould I do to avoid the confict?

pneiros.

>This looks like a mismatch in ASM package. A few things to check:
>1. Where do you keep Hibernate and related libraries? Is it in
>domain/lib or glassfish/lib or packaged with the war or in both places?
>If you package a jar and also keep jar in one of the lib directories,
>the latter one takes precedence.

>2. Are there two versions of ASM in your glassfish installation. You can
>search for org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter in various jar files.
[Message sent by forum member 'pneiros' (pneiros_at_gmail.com)]