users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What's the workaround for hardcoded hostnames on Amazon EC2?

From: Sreeram Duvur <Sreeram.Duvur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:07:16 -0800

The problem may be that domain creation is hardcoding the hostname.
The best way to have your AMI instance create the domain or Node Agent
on the fly as it comes up.

I have tried this approach and have not seen any problems so far. Can
you give ami-31608d58 a try? This AMI is capable of clustering as
well. There is a README in /opt. If you look at the scripts there you
can get some ideas on how to make your particular use case work.

Not sure if this AMI is public yet. Should be in a day or two.

HTH

Sreeram