users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Setup Glassfish v3 with MS SQLServer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:59:17 PST

Not being successful at the MS and Sun sites for a driver I am glad to learn about the sourceforge one. I downloaded the zip but I cannot get it running. I am sure the information I am looking for is just a few clicks away, but I can not find it.

My questions are:
1. Is deploying simply putting the zip in the ..\lib\ext folder? Or do I change the zip to jar? Probably yet something else because I tried both and nothing happened after I restarted glassfish.
2. What resource type and datasource classname should I use in the connection pool? I tried javax.sql.DataSource with net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver but "ping" gives me a similar classpath problem (Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for : net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver)

Thanks for the help so far, Bert.
[Message sent by forum member 'bike' (b.menting_at_amnesty.nl)]