users@glassfish.java.net

Re: URL - domain redirection with 301

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:16:23 -0800

On 01/19/10 07:07 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi, i'm having a problem with Glassfish v2.1.1 ((v2.1 Patch06)(9.1_02 Patch12)) (build b31g-fcs) according to this issue.
>
> I had a redirect in Glassfish v2.1 (didn't remember the build) on a virtual server listening the domain "domainwithoutwww.com":
>
> <property name="redirect_1" value="from=/ url-prefix=http://www.domainwithoutwww.com" />
>
> But with Glassfish v2.1.1 the redirect doesn't work and I see the glassfish welcome page (Your GlassFish Enterprise Server is now running...).
>
> Any idea?

There used to be an issue with the kind of redirect property you've
specified, causing the target redirect to grow until it exceeded the
URL size supported by the client. This was fixed as part of CR
6810361.

In your example, can you try changing

  from=/ url-prefix=...

  from= url-prefix=...

i.e., specify the empty string for the "from" pattern?

Thanks,

Jan