users@glassfish.java.net

Excessive memory (280K) per connection in grizzly

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:28:23 PST

Hi,

We are doing some benchmarking with glassfish comet/grizzly on SUSE linux 2.6.x. During our prototyping, we established 10000 connections and found that memory consumption is 280K/connection. We ran jprofiler (see attachments) and found that "byte[]" is consuming most of the memory. We did a heap scan to see what objects are using byte and found that 99% of this use is by com.sun.grizzley.util.WorkerThreadImpl.run

Our prototype is sending very small amounts of data; few lines of javascript in each request... Any idea on why Grizzly takes so much memory/connection? Is there a way that this usage can be tuned/configured down?

Tks,
John
[Message sent by forum member 'lmcjome' (john.mezzetta_at_ericsson.com)]