users@glassfish.java.net

Re: security.policy per project?

From: <Ronald.Monzillo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:42:40 -0500

On 01/04/10 16:35, Ronald.Monzillo_at_Sun.COM wrote:
> Felipe,
>
> This support is not included in either of the Policy providers
> included in v3,
> but either provider could be enhanced to look for a suplemental policy
> file
> (as a resource) within the deployment archive.
>
> The policy file would presumably contain grants to the codesource of
> the deployed application.
> and the policy subsystem could impose constraints on the "origin" of
> the archive and policy file.
>
> This is something that we have discussed adding, and it is certainly
> something that could be
> added (by others) via a custom policy provider (perhaps derived from
> one of the existing providers).
>
> Ron
ps: I should also mention that you can configure the java.security file
of the jdk such that the PolicyFile subsystem will
read other policy files (in addition to server.policy). You could use
this mechanism to configure application
specific grants that you wish to persist in spite of deployment and
undeployment of your apps. The grants within
such files would presumably be to the code source of the specific app or
apps to which you want to grant the additional
perms.