users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Cluster deploying second application

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:11:37 -0800

Context roots must be unique per virtual server. This uniqueness check
is performend when an application is deployed and loaded into the web
container.

When you deploy to a cluster, the uniqueness check will be performed
by the web container on each cluster instance.

Each cluster instance will be homogeneous with respect to virtual
server configuration.

When you deploy to the DAS, you can deploy different applications to the
root contexts of different virtual servers, e.g., app1 to "/" of vs1, app2
to "/" of vs2, etc. The same should hold true for a cluster.

But from what I understand, you are saying that <quote>there is no
choice to select virtual server</quote> when deploying to a cluster.

I don't think this is true, but maybe I misunderstood your question.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Jan