users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V3 and Eclipse Ganymede

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:43:13 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I must configure Eclipse RS1 to develop JEE6 apps against
> Glassfish V3
>
> Right now I just only can develop JSF 1.2 web apps or EJB 3.0 projects...

Yes, JSF 2.0 and EE 6 support in Eclipse is planned for June 2010 by the
Eclipse Team (helios release 3.6).
Meanwhile, the GlassFish Tools Bundle for Eclipse is trying to bridge
this gap as much as possible by providing some EE 6 wizards (including
servlet 3.0, EJB 3.0 ejb inside Web Apps, singleton beans, xhml
facelets and deployment to GF v3. All Java EE 6 javadoc is regsitered
and available as code completion itn the java editor. All EE 6 schemas
are also registered to validate EE 6 xml files.
You'll will not have advanced JSF 2 support there yet (i.e no code
completions for CDI beans or annotated managed beans).
Try it from http://download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse
Ludo