users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Hang - Daily

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:51:41 +0100

The doFilter() method is ~300 lines long... it's nothing special that
errors hide themselves there.. if there's any chance you can get them
working on
this again, they should split up the method in smaller chunks, doing
one thing at a time.
Its then easier to debug and easier to find the right place where this
lock is exactly happening.

also, the whole doFilter method is synchronized, leading at least to
poor performance
and maybe also to the lock mentioned... they should only synchronize
whats really necessary.