users@glassfish.java.net

Re: persistence.xml in ear

From: Arif Sindgi <arif.sindgi_at_ext.icicibank.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:11:28 +0530
FYI any help on my query!!

Dear Sushma,

As briefly discussed today, Property Search Portal (PSP) which is developed by one our vendor using Sun Java Glass Fish Server is deployed in our test environment. One of the difficulty we are facing is in removal of challenge/response.

The various user validation process in PSP Portal is as follows,  some of the key user types are: Internet guest user, Internet registered user, Intranet bank user

1) For Internet guest user there is no login required, he can simply type url, and continue browsing/searching for properties hosted in the portal
2) The Internet registered user would have one entry in User Master table with encrypted password stored. The user credential would be validated against the row available in User master table.
3) The Bank user who's basically carrying the portal admin, master maintenance activity is first validated in User Master table followed by Global variable which would have stored the domain user id & password during the NT login.

The current code of challenge/response removal deployed on test server is picking session global variables from host server's domain user id/pw instead of picking the client pc's/login page requester pc.

Please suggest how to resolve this issue. For any clarifications, Nikita from my team would explain you.

Regards
Arif Sindgi

Felipe Gaúcho wrote:
the persistence should be in an EJB or WAR module inside the ERA and
not in the EAR itself... (what is just a big storage of modules).