users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS error code 500 = GlassFish HTML error page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:35:55 PST

Yes that could work. I wonder how other application servers are dealing with this. It would be nice to find a solution that could one day make it into a Servlet and/or JAX-RS maintenance release so that we won't need to rely on proprietary deployment descriptors in the future.

> This goes back to your original question:
>
> How can I make GlassFish use custom error pages for
> all URI's that
> do not start with /rest/ ?
> Perhaps the new configuration in sun-web.xml that
> will be used
> to disable the default error page could specify a
> comma-separated
> list of request url-patterns (path prefices) as its
> value. An empty list
> would disable the default error page for the entire
> application.
>
> Jan

[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (ryan_at_ijws.com)]