users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAX-RS error code 500 = GlassFish HTML error page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:02:17 PST

> > I am not writing a servlet -- I am writing a JAX-RS
> service so that does not work for me.
> >

> I know, my comment was more targeted towards the
> Jersey integration
> servlet, and therefore Paul.

Ooops, I didn't realize that.

> If I understood your original request correctly, you
> wanted to be able
> to get the above behaviour (of GlassFish not
> interfering with your
> response) *without* having to provide an entity in
> the JAX-RS response.

Exactly! There are many scenarios where I don't need to send an entity in the response. The headers provide everything necessary. For now I'm resorting to sending something like "<DeleteDeviceProfileResponse/>" as the body.

> perhaps the
> Jersey integration servlet could commit (under the
> circumstances
> mentioned in this thread) the response even if no
> entity body has been
> written.

I have to use the Jersey filter. If I use the Jersey servlet, then it either does not respond to any request, or it makes my JSF web app not work. I think the Jersey Filter and Jersey servlet are implemented in the same class.

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (ryan_at_ijws.com)]