users@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin port 4848 already used

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:31:01 PST

HI,

I had the same problem. This is a generic error when Glassfish can't bind to port 4848 on all the interfaces on the computer for some reason.

In my case it was a poorly configured dns server that gave the wrong ip address on dns lookup for the hostname defined on the machine.

You can bind to a specific IP address in domain.xml if you still can't figure out what the problem was.

This is assuming of course that you don't genuinely have another instance running !!!

Regards.
[Message sent by forum member 'arshadm' (arshadm_at_compuvision.co.uk)]