users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Layout

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:55:22 PST

Mark,

I will look into this, however, it is not clustered. I had to create another instance to use for Portal Server and the only way that I knew how was using nodes. If there is a better way, then by all means, I'm open to suggestions.

Having said that, I would assume (rightly or wrongly) that I would need to put the jars under /opt/SUNWappserver/nodeagents and possibly create a lib/ext there?

I thought that when the application server starts up, it reads from /lib/ext and then the jars are available app server wide. It shows that it loads the jars, but then they are not used.

Am I missing something here?
[Message sent by forum member 'gardnerg' (gary.gardner_at_usdoj.gov)]