users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Keeping GlassFishv3 running without depending on Netbeans6.8

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:51:52 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hey how are things,
>
> Im running a web app from Netbeans6.8 using GlassFishV3, my problem is my site is only accessable when netbeans6.8 is running, so that when I close down Netbeans6.8 it must be automatically shutting down the server, so does anybody know how to set GlassFishV3 to run constantly and not having to rely on Netbeans6.8, such as Tomcat does.

If you start GF domain outside NetBeans (using cli (command Line
Interface) command), Netbeans can connect to it and will not stop it
when it exits.
NB only stop GF server started by NB itself, not from outside.
To start GF in cli mode, go to the bin directory glassfish and run the
asadmin start-domain
command from there. If the domain is not the default domain, you can
also specific the domain dir and name ( use the help capability in
asadmin cli command or read the documentation of GlassFish).

Ludo