users@glassfish.java.net

Problems with Admin Console on new install

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:44:09 PST

I've installed Glassfish for the first time, but I cannot open the admin console.

When I try http://localhost:4848
I get the folowing exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: PWC1243: Filter execution threw an exception

and the root cause is:
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$ExtClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest"

I'm using java 1.6.0.17 on Windows 2000
I tried re-installing & disabling firewalls, but still no joy.

Can anyone offer some help please
Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'andco42' (andrew.connick4_at_virgin.net)]