users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to include dependencies in application client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:37:23 PST

Thanks for responding, Tim.

Yes, I am trying to use the auto-generated jnlp support.

I was hoping to package the app as a stand alone module, with the thought that if a GUI-only change was needed, it could be redeployed separately. So that's how I have it now. But it sounds like that may not work?

Currently the app is straight jnlp with remote RMI. We're finally getting around to setting up a cluster, and the ACC looks like the way to go for that. The client app has a large number of jars (it's only used on an intranet, and several of the jars are glassfish support jars that will be provided by the ACC).

I'll try it inside the ear and report my results. Seems strange to have to include things like a layout manager or a theme inside the ear. Maybe I'm missing the point of the ACC.
[Message sent by forum member 'culli' (jim.cullison_at_gmail.com)]