users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS lookup type error [JMSJCA-E191,JMSJCA-E096]

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:47:07 PST

Hi Peter,

The issue that you're running into is the following: the JMS BC allows the notation "lookup://x" as the connection URL. Here x should be a name in the JNDI of GlassFish, and a JMSJCA connection factory should be bound to that name. JMSJCA is a resource adapter that is used internally in the JMS BC, and it is also a full fledged JMS resource adapter that can be used in EJBs.

What you have bound to jms/rtf is a connection factory that comes from JMSRA, the adapter that ships by default with GlassFish.

BTW, what strikes me as odd is that the configuration you list is indeed a JMSJCA configuration, not a JMSRA configuration. Maybe the configuration got out of sync. Did you restart GlassFish?

If the problem persists, you can do one of the following:
- create a JMSJCA connection factory and bind that into GlassFish's JNDI, and use that name in the JMSBC. If you want to avoid duplicate configurations, use this connection factory for your EJBs as well.
- use a ULR like mq://localhost:7676 in the JMS BC

You can find more information on JMSJCA at http://jmsjca.dev.java.net/.

BTW, I recommend you post follow up questions on the OpenESB user mailing list (users_at_open-esb.dev.java.net).

HTH,
Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fkieviet' (frank.kieviet_at_sun.com)]