users@glassfish.java.net

per-application policy file not working

From: Mathijs Kwik <bluescreen303_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:33:01 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to grant some applications more permissions than others.
As described here
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7695/beabz?a=view , this is
possible without creating a domain per application.

I checked domains/domain1/generated/policy but there's no directory
for my app there.
I created it and created a granted.policy file in there containing:
grant {
    permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
just to check if my app will now be able to access stuff that I made
inaccessible in server.policy

Nothing happens.
Not after restarting domain/redeploying either.

Is there anything I need to enable to have per-app policy files?

My app was deployed using directory deployment (jruby container),
maybe that influences stuff, since there's no directory for it in
domains/domain1/applications either.

Thanks for any help.
Mathijs