users@glassfish.java.net

The context root [...] in application [...] is already in use by another application on this instance [server]

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:55:40 +0100

Dear GlassFish Community,

our customer is using GlassFish v2ur2 with our EAR without problems so
far, but recently he wanted to replace the EAR and now the server
instance seems to be broken:

"asadmin undeploy" removed the EAR from the instance, then the host was
rebootet. Subsequent "asadmin deploy" with the new EAR is not working,
it says: "The context root [...] in application [...] is already in use
by another application on this instance [server]". This is rather weird,
as there actually is *nothing* deployed currently in that instance (but
a second server is running in the same LAN with *the same* EAR, having
no problems at all).

We would be rather glad if somebody could tell us what the cause of this
message could be (again, *nothing* is currently deployed on that
machne)!

Thanks in advance

Markus