users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Context Root

From: Dominik Dorn <dominik.dorn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:54:02 +0100

Normally I don't reply to mailinator addresses, but ok:
What you are observing is just because index.jsp is by default in the
welcome-file-list of every web.xml.

If you want your webserver to redirect from
http://localhost:8080/SWE-Chitter<http://localhost:8080/SWE-Chitter/index.jsp>/
to http://localhost:8080/SWE-Chitter<http://localhost:8080/SWE-Chitter/index.jsp>/index.jsp
you manually have to code/create a redirect.

Every other file name is not mapped with as welcome-file-list element, so
you won't run
into this problem with other names.

You may look into tuckey.org/url*rewrite*/ for basic url rewriting, or
PrettyFaces if you
want to do it with JSF