users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connect Glassfish MDB to AMQP JMS Provider

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 05:27:58 PST

Thanks Alexis,
I have been looking at your presentations on the rabbitmq site and they have been very helpful.

I was under the impression that I needed to use the JMS library to connect from an MDB in the JavaEE container. I have used the straight java client and it worked very very easily from a non-EE java server. I used the ruby client as well and it was also very easy to set up and get running. I've been stumbling around for several days trying to figure out the right way to do this in JavaEE - i have some limited experience with MDBs with local queues and really expected it to be more straight forward.

So how would I use the non-JMS java client from within some EJB? Is there a good way to do queue polling outside of an MDB?

Thanks again, will post on the rabbitmq forum as well but any input is appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'abll' (jodendahl_at_tandbergtv.com)]