users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with Native deployment of ruby on rails application on glassfi

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 00:16:33 PST

Thank you for reply, it is clear and impressive.

In order to make the problem clear. I did the following test:
1. develop a simple RoR web app by Scaffold command in Netbean 6.8
2. deploy and run the app through builtin-Jruby1.4+WEBrick, when I input a URL in firefox to access the deployed website, the response time is quick, about 0.5 seconds.
3. however, when deploy and run the same app on builtin-Jruby1.4+glassfish v3, the response time of the same url is about 3 seconds, which seems too long to browse a website.

Compared with WEBrick, the response time in glassfish v3 is much longer, what is the reason? Do you have any suggestion to improve the response time?

kevin
[Message sent by forum member 'hitwzh' (hitwzh_at_gmail.com)]