users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish V3. using Grails.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:54:41 PST

I've downloaded the java_ee_sdk_6_unix.sh file to my Mac.

Installed Grails ( version 1.1.2) through the Admin Console. (plus most other Addons with the exception of:
jruby-gems
jython-runtime
jython-container
pkg-toolkit
pkg-extra-tools
jruby)

When I follow the [b]glassfish/grails/Readme-GlassFish.html[/b] and get to the point where I run
run[b]asadmin deploy petclinic-0.1.war[/b] I get the following error:

com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Exception while loading the app : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'messageSource': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'sessionFactory' while setting bean property 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.hibernate.cfg.Mappings, but class was expected

Currently I've not started a database instance per:
http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/820-7689/820-7689.pdf
This all seemed a bit alien to me, as I'm used to deploying JARs for databases...

I tried copying the HSQLDB JAR to the petclinic lib folder thinking this might solve things, but called no joy,

Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'jgf1' (Jeremy_G_Flowers_at_yahoo.co.uk)]