users@glassfish.java.net

Usage of Glassfish Cluster Util in Glassfish V3

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:44:32 PST

Dear all,

I have recently installed the "glassfish-cluster-util" addon from the update centre in Glassfish FCS V3. The update installed the following files:
* glassfish/lib/cladmin.jar
* bin/cladmin
* bin/cladmin.bat

Does anybody know:
Q1) Whether this tool allows you to create clusters similar to Glasfish V2?
Q2) Whether this tool allow you to use Glassfish V3 instance as a cluster node within Glassfish V2 cluster?

The description from the manifest says:

"[i]The GlassFish v3 Cluster Administration Utility enables users to run a single command to perform the same administrative task on multiple Enterprise Server instances, for example, instances in a cluster where Apache mod_jk is used as load balancer. The Cluster Administration Utility can be used to administer multiple instances in the same way that the asadmin utility can be used to administer a single instance. [/i]"

Since Glassfish V3 FCS doesn't provide any clustering support, I am a bit confused whether this update allows some clustering functionalities. Please let me know

Q3) Is there any plan for a cluster addon update for Glassfish V3 or we have to wait till V3.1?
Q4) If so, around when can we expect V3.1 to emerge?

Right now as much as we want to invest on Glassfish 3, the lack of high availability features is preventing us from leveraging such a great application server.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'razib' (razib.shahriar_at_live.com)]