users@glassfish.java.net

Projects do not cooperate good enough.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:42:38 PST

Hi. I have two projects deployed on my Glassfish-v3 (b74.2) running on Linux - I try to move them from jetty/tomcat.

If I deploy them separately then everything works perfectly. If they are mutually deployed then I get an error message which depends on the deployment order. In general there are two types of errors that I get:

1) This occurs with SECOND project while FIRST one runs perfectly.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java from :62)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:109)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)

Which mostly means that something went wrong even though separately troublesome project runs perfectly well.

2) If I disable FIRST project, restart GF then my SECOND project works fine, but when i try to enable FIRST project it says

Exception while loading the app : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

In the server log I found next:
java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied
        at javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Session.java:316)...

Which mostly means that I have to remove mail.jar from my server share or project libs. But that didn't help at all.

However, if I start thous two guys in a jetty container everything seem to work fine.

Could someone help me with this?
Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'd_jm' (dens.business_at_gmail.com)]