users@glassfish.java.net

Servlets 3.0: Default servlet hides static resources

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:25:43 PST

Hi,

I've encountered a problem when mapping a servlet to "/" (making it the default servlet, as per the spec):

The servlet works just as expected, but if I try to request a static resource, e.g. a gif image or an html file, the path resolves to the default servlet. JSPs, however, are resolved as expected.

This is the layout of my "webapp" directory:

/test.html --> [i]Resolves to default servlet[/i]
/test.jsp --> [i]OK[/i]
/images/img.gif --> [i]Resolves to default servlet[/i]

Is this the intended behavior of the Servlet 3.0 spec?
[Message sent by forum member 'toker5' (java.net_at_reinseth.org)]