users@glassfish.java.net

Servlet 3.0 Asynchronous processing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:52:37 PST

GF Community,

I am posting this question in this forum since I could not locate another suitable one. My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

The Asynchronous features of servlet 3.0 would allow to stream/push content to the client. However, on the client side, is it possible to get this streaming data with a single ajax call? A good use case would be to build a real time stock quote where the user can select the stock symbol and then can invoke an ajax call that updates the existing contents. I was able to add/push new contents to the browser but was not successful in replacing the exisiting content. Could anyone please throw some light on this? Thank you for your support and assistance.

Thank you,
Bala Raman.
[Message sent by forum member 'rbalasm' (rbalasm_at_gmail.com)]