users@glassfish.java.net

Queries inside Entity list - JPA

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:46:15 PST

Hi all,

I want to create a query inside already taken list of entities form the DB.

So the first query (list of entities) will be taken from DB using JPA entityManager (eg. select from HugeEntity), and the second one from memory (from already taken list).

The reason I want to do this is that DB table is very big (about 200GB of data) and I need to fetch only 50-100 rows and have all other manipulation of fetched data in memory in order to achieve best performance.

Is it possible?
[Message sent by forum member 'racadent' (racic_at_usa.com)]