users@glassfish.java.net

Connect Glassfish MDB to AMQP JMS Provider

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 08:40:23 PST

Can somebody point me to some information on how to connect an MDB hosted in glassfish to a external JMS Provider, specifically i'm trying to use the OpenMQ JMS client to connect to a RabbitMQ AMQP broker.

I see some information on the Generic Resource Adapter for JMS (https://genericjmsra.dev.java.net/) but there is a note indicating it is "Now integrated with the latest Java EE 5 Application Server at Project GlassFish". How? Where?

Is the genericjmsra no longer appropriate to use? What replaces it in glassfish? Most of the information I can find on genericjmsra references j2ee 1.4 technologies. How is it done in JEE 5? The glassfish admin guide provides some very generic information, hoping for something more specific. Maybe an example with that uses annotations, has queue, jndi names etc...

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'abll' (jodendahl_at_tandbergtv.com)]