users@glassfish.java.net

Re: gettting "code too large for try statement" error in Sun One 8.1 Server

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:52:28 -0800

On 01/25/10 06:08 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Dear All,
> While running my application, in middle I am getting the below error.
> Generated servlet error:
> [javac] /sunapp/domains/TestPage_jsp.java:122: code too large
> [javac] public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
> [javac] ^
> [javac] /sunapp/domains/TestPage_jsp.java_jsp.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
>

> Generated servlet error:
> [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> [javac] 3 errors
>
> Kindly let us know any setting needs to be done at SUN One App Server 8.1.
>
> Please revert with your valuable inputs.

Your JSP is probably too large, resulting in a _jspService method in the
generated Servlet that exceeds the 64k size limit on Java methods that
exists in
most JVMs.

Try breaking up your JSP into smaller pages and include them via
jsp:include, or try refactoring some of your JSP's content into custom
tags.

Jan