users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with creating InitialContext in java client accessing Remote EJB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:27:48 PST

Hi,

I get [b]NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/corba/ee/connection/ORBSocketFactory[/b] when try to initialize InitialContext(). Anyone know which jar has this class? My glassfish server is v2. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My stand-alone java client tries to access a Remote EJB component. I have following the directions in glassfish documentation, https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html#StandaloneRemoteEJB.

I have appserv-rt.jar on my classpath, and I tried both ways: initialize with no argument ( new InitialContext(). ) and initialize with following properties, I got the same error.

props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "localhost");
props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "3700");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial","com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","com.sun.enterprise.naming");
props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.state","com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl");

Michelle
[Message sent by forum member 'mwei' (mxue_at_myproductadvisor.com)]