users@glassfish.java.net

Deployment Problem Glassfish V3 - DeploymentException: Error in linking....

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:20:31 PST

Hi,
I would like to demonstrate a deployment problem with EAR containing a shared library. I think that a jar file containing ejbs provided in the /lib folder location of an EAR will result in different deployment problems.

I have prepared a sample application so you can see the hole project in source code. And you can build it by using maven in short time.
The sample is strongly simplified. I have a similar construction in a productive environment with more than one shared jar containing JPA entity beans and session beans. The project did successful deploy on Glassfish v2.1.

You can browse/checkout the sample project form here:

svn checkout https://ix-workflow.dev.java.net/svn/ix-workflow/examples/jee-demo-app/trunk

Please notice that in this simplified example I got the following exception:

INFO: Portable JNDI names for EJB DemoServiceOneBean : [java:global/jee-demo-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/jee-demo-ejb-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/DemoServiceOneBean!org.imixs.demo.DemoServiceOne, java:global/jee-demo-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/jee-demo-ejb-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/DemoServiceOneBean]
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception while loading the app
org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentException: Error in linking security policy for jee-demo-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT -- Inconsistent Module State
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityUtil.linkPolicyFile(SecurityUtil.java:329)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityDeployer.linkPolicies(SecurityDeployer.java:259)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityDeployer.access$100(SecurityDeployer.java:63)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityDeployer$AppDeployEventListener.event(SecurityDeployer.java:96)
        at org.glassfish.kernel.event.EventsImpl.send(EventsImpl.java:125)

This exception is different to the deployment problem I have with my productive project. But I tried to isolate the problem as strong as possible.
I know that the project would be deployable if I place the EJBs in the ejb module. But I use a third party-library containing ejb components. And I think the EAR layout seems to look ok.
There are similar discussions about deployment problems with shared jars in this forum. I try to support a example project to illustrate the problem as best I can.

I would be thankful for any help in this issue.

ralph

(We have already discussed this issue a view weeks ago but the thread was lost after the forum problems in end of 2009)
[Message sent by forum member 'rsoika' (Ralph.Soika_at_imixs.com)]